LA-CCI POSTGRADUATE THESES CONTEST (PTC)
The Postgraduate Theses Contest (PTC) promotes the integration and cooperation of young researchers in Computational Intelligence areas, providing greater visibility of the work done. The PTC has the following objectives:
– To promote greater participation of graduate students in the event.
– To encourage the continuous improvement of the quality of PhD and Master’s dissertations and/or thesis on Computational Intelligence.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Among the registered participants, the PTC will select and award the best (1) doctoral thesis and the best (2) master’s thesis on Computational Intelligence.
A valid thesis or dissertation has to completed, duly defended and approved during the period January 2019 to July 2021.
Theses and dissertations selected to compete in this year contest will be evaluated based on their:
(1) Scientific and technological contributions, generated by the work;
(2) Potential impact on society;
(3) Potential impact on the state of the art on Computational Intelligence & associated areas;
We will give special consideration to works that promote gender equality and the participation of First Nations (indigenous).
Participants are requested to send a summary as well as to make a short presentation of their work.
Both, the summary and the presentation will be evaluated by an ad hoc contest committee.
Further details and instructions for the accepted entries and about the consequent presentations will be provided to all participants in due course.
IMPORTANT DATES: (for all interested candidates please check the Important Dates Page)
Theses Contest Deadline: September 17th, 2021
Theses Contest Result Notification: September 30, 2021
The Competitions will be held on November 2-4th, 2021.
(1) Candidates are requested to send a SUMMARY in English (from 1 up to 3 pages, including images, tables and references, excluding the cover page). The same format than the LA-CCI papers should be used: (http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
(2) A list of published works out of the thesis,
(3) An 8 minutes presentation (around 8-10 slides) of the thesis.
Ad Hoc COMPETITION ASSESSMENT COMMISSION FOR PTC
General Chair of LA-CCI
Program-Chair of LA-CCI
PTC CHAIR of LA-CCI
AWARDS TO THE BEST THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
Among the selected works, two will be awarded: the best doctoral thesis and the best master’s thesis work.
The second best ones, in each category, will be awarded the spotlight doctoral thesis and spotlight master’s thesis work.
All awarded authors will have a free registration for the Conference and the Summer School and will be presented at the awards ceremony during the LA-CCI.
POST-SUBMISSION (IF SELECTED AS FINALIST)
In case your entry is selected as a finalist, you should send further:
(1) Full text of thesis or dissertation;
(2) Scanned copy of the diploma or a certificate of the approved work presentation (i.e. a document showing that the thesis or dissertation was defended and approved);
IMPORTANT REMARKS FOR THE SUMMARY
All documents submitted must be sent in PDF format. The full text of the thesis or dissertation will serve primarily as a reference source for the evaluators on the results of the work. All the documents must be written in either Spanish, Portuguese or English.
The summary should be clear on which contributions are the originality and the potential impact of the work. The organization of the summary should involve: title, author, department in which it was approved, Advisors and Co-Advisors with their affiliations, and the text itself.
Furthermore, it is suggested that the text of the abstract explicit: the motivation of work, characterizing the relevance of the topic and the main challenges of treaties research, its objectives and its significant contributions and results. If applicable, it is requested that the authors indicate the work products, such as patents, registered programs, public/free domain programs (indicating their URLs), articles published or accepted for publication, as well as any other information needed to qualify work.
FOR ALL QUESTION NOT RESOLVED HERE – PLEASE WRITE TO THE CONFERENCE CHAIRS:
[email protected] with the Subject: Theses Contest